Luci and Jordan discuss the racial divide in the early Church.
- Check out episode 1 of Two Feminists Annotate the Beatified for the story of Perpetua and Felicity, early Christian martyrs
- Song: Draw The Circle Wide by Mark Miller
- Luci wonders if the Holy Spirit uses a vortex like in the 1990s TV show Sliders to put Phillip somewhere else, so here’s a longer look back at Sliders than you were probably expecting. The show ended its run 20 years ago, but still, spoiler alert.
- There’s been more than one reformed KKK member or white nationalist over the years; some who have been out for a longer time, and some quite recent. Jordan draws a parallel between them and the transformation of Saul to Paul, from community abuser to community member. Some examples: Christian Picciolini; Scott Shepherd.
- The pseudepigraphal book Joseph and Aseneth was written around the time of Acts
- Jordan’s book The Ultimate Quest mentions the Ethiopian Eunuch twice, because she loves it so much.
If you’re enjoying expanding your ideas about Jesus, feminism, progressive Christianity, bad ass Bible ladies, the Episcopal Church, or anything else we’ve been talking about, get in contact!
Pinterest: Two Feminist Annotate the Bible
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero