Jordan and Luci tell you which Psalms to pick if you’re wishing harm on your enemies.
- Imprecatory psalms: the meanest of the psalms
- In remarks made at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority conference in June 2016, Senator David Perdue asked for prayers for President Obama, specifically using Psalm 109:8.
- Psalm 81 Sing joyfully, music composed by William Byrd
- Psalm 87 Glorious things of thee are spoken, music composed by Joseph Haydn
- The tune by Joseph Haydn is indeed the same used for the German national anthem [“Das Deutschlandlied”] to this day. Since the end of the Second World War, only the third verse is used, which does not mention Deutschland über alles. Yet the connection and association remains.
- The “Bridal Chorus”, commonly known as “Here Comes the Bride” or the “Wedding March” is from the opera Lohengrin by German composer Richard Wagner, who was an anti-semite. His works were appropriated by the Nazis.
- A Taxonomy of Creeps by the Rev Catherine Healy
If you’re enjoying expanding your ideas about Jesus, feminism, progressive Christianity, bad ass Bible ladies, the Episcopal Church, or anything else we’ve been talking about, get in contact!
Pinterest: Two Feminist Annotate the Bible
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero