Jordan and Luci discuss how NOT to provide pastoral care to a friend that has lost family and fortune.
- God and the Satan engage in a little Trading Places
- Tennyson called Job the greatest poem of all time
- Handel famously set 19:25 to music in The Messiah
- OK, so maybe the kids weren’t killed in a Red Wedding-style scenario. Content note: extreme violence
- As we learned from The Crown, royals must always travel with a black item of clothing for public mourning
- You must read this bonkers NY Times article about the super wealthy
- C.S. Lewis called for truly sacrificial giving in Mere Christianity:
“I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare. In other words, if our expenditure on comforts, luxuries, amusements, etc, is up to the standard common among those with the same income as our own, we are probably giving away too little. If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them.”
- Job is listed as a prophet in the Quran – yes, for real!
If you’re enjoying expanding your ideas about Jesus, feminism, progressive Christianity, bad ass Bible ladies, the Episcopal Church, or anything else we’ve been talking about, get in contact!
Pinterest: Two Feminist Annotate the Bible
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero