Jordan and Luci finally finishing discussing and rediscussing everything that when wrong in Judah and Israel.
- The Israelites “going up” to rebuild the Temple is so hopeful, like the end of The Sound of Music
- War: What is it good for?
- Heaven probably doesn’t look like it does in the Family Circus
- “Hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you’re putting the whole station in jeopardy.”
- The kings might have engaged in incest marriage, like the Targaryens
- “They tried to bury us, but they forgot we were seeds” has an interesting history, moving from a Greek poet to Mexican counterculture.
- Jordan mentions Thomas Merton’s famous prayer:
- “My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am following your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road,though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though
I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.”
- “My Lord God,
If you’re enjoying expanding your ideas about Jesus, feminism, progressive Christianity, bad ass Bible ladies, the Episcopal Church, or anything else we’ve been talking about, get in contact!
Pinterest: Two Feminist Annotate the Bible
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero