Jordan and Luci discuss more of the Kings of Israel.
- Jezebel inspires the name of a blog and a sex club in The Handmaid’s Tale
- Jordan’s desire for happy tv is belied by her watching The Keepers
- But she’s also watching Father Brown, a warm plate of home-baked cookies of a show
- OK, so it’s kind of priest Murder, She Wrote. Still good.
- The King of Israel must have had the Elder Wand, the One Ring, or the Ark of the Covenant in his treasury
- Elijah takes Elisha off on an ’80s training montage
- Biblical Fight Club
- Slut Walks
- Both Frank and Claire Underwood from House of Cards are ….. not great humans. Just like Jezebel.
- Jordan has some criticism for the Cokesbury Hero Central VBS series
- Luci mixes up Serena Joy from The Handmaid’s Tale with Rev. Lovejoy from The Simpsons
- Ahab and Jezebel’s relationship seems almost maternal, more like Cersei and Tommen than husband and wife
- Ahab’s awkward dinner party reminds us of this one
If you’re enjoying expanding your ideas about Jesus, feminism, progressive Christianity, bad ass Bible ladies, the Episcopal Church, or anything else we’ve been talking about, get in contact!
Pinterest: Two Feminist Annotate the Bible
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero