Jordan and Luci discuss big bad Abimelech.
- Remember when some other guy named Abimelech almost slept with Sarah!?
- Jotham’s parable of the trees points out the dangers associated with those who seek power, rather than having it thrust upon them. Dumbledore agrees.
- So did the Founding Fathers, who admired Lucius Cincinnatus for just that reason.
- Luci was not the first person to come up with a Real Housewives of the Bible. And if any Real Housewives listen to this podcast, would you let us know?
- Check out The Quest on Netflix for a reality show approach to fantasy fiction
- What a world, what a world! My kingdom for a horse
- Listen to Nina Simone’s Four Women for a new perspective on the women of Judges
- Jordan and Luci share suggested resources like The Africana Bible, The New Interpreter’s Study Bible, The Anchor Bible Commentary, Women In Scripture, Feasting on the Word, Women’s Bible Commentary, Bible Women: All Their Words and Why they Matter
- If you’d like to go on the Ark Encounter mentioned in this Atlantic article that Trish sent us. Or maybe check out the Holy Land in Arkansas.
- B’s get ish done
Theme: Hey, Nony! by nony zero